- This event has passed.
Dig Tech Skills Expo – Moreton Bay Campus
June 11 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Workshops delivered by educators for educators with common DIG technologies used in schools. Hosted at USC Moreton Bay campus, Petrie.
1. To familiarise primary school and preservice primary teachers from across the SE QLD region with technologies and skills that may be used in the Digital Technologies curriculum
2. To provide opportunities for extension for those who have completed the introductory sessions previously.
A range of workshops will be run throughout the day and delivered by practising Sunshine Coast teachers from both Primary and Secondary schools, unless otherwise indicated. The workshops run over 3 sessions of 90 mins each.
NOTE: Some topics run across multiple workshops – as indicated in the workshop description during selection.
The workshops on offer include the list below, click here to view the session outlines:
- Scratch creating serious games
- Create AR and VR content in CoSpaces
- Arduino flashing lights
- Microdrones in curriculum
- Digital systems and binary
- Teaching STEAM in the classroom with LEGO Spike Prime
- Many other workshops…
(Small groups of 20 max. Tickets are strictly limited)
Arrive at 8am for coffee and networking, session times are from 8.30am-2.00pm. Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
These professional development activities are funded via a grant provided by Google in partnership with Mountain Creek SHS.