MIE Community Code Club is a 6 week program providing step-by-step activities for students to create games, animations, and websites while learning the key concepts of programming at the same time. Students can learn to code in Scratch, HTML/CSS and Python. Aimed at primary schools students in years 4, 5 & 6.
The program is FREE and will include six 1-hour lessons – all run by a Code Club Expert and Primary Education Teacher.
Preference will be given to students who do not have a robotics/coding club at their school, and or access to a robotics/coding club.
“Learning to code is more than a vocational skill – it changes the way children analyse and solve problems and encourages creative thinking and collaboration.”
MIE Community Code Club
When: 6 weeks x 1 hour lessons
– Tuesday 11 October, 4pm to 5pm
– Tuesday 18 October, 4pm to 5pm
– Tuesday 25 October, 4pm to 5pm
– Tuesday 1 November, 4pm to 5pm
– Tuesday 8 November, 4pm to 5pm
– Tuesday 15 November, 4pm to 5pm
Where: University of the Sunshine Coast, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
Who: Primary School Students (year 4, 5, 6)
Parents/carers who register their child need to commit to:
– attending all 6 weeks of the program
– signing and returning all required documentation
Register here for the 2022 Code Club– Registrations close at lunchtime on Thursday 6 October 2022
– To register use the link below OR the QR code
– Preference will be given to students who do not have a robotics/code club at their school, or access to a robotics/code club
– You will be notified if your student has been selected into the program, or not selected
– If selected you will receive an email with paperwork to be completed and returned as soon as possible.
Code Club Australia, is powered by Telstra Foundation in Australia
Moonhack is an international event bringing together kids from across the globe for a week of coding. Over the past 6 years, more than 150,000 kids have coded as part of Moonhack.
Registrations are now open! Register your participation and be counted for this year’s event which has 6 brand new coding projects. Our theme is satellites for sustainability, focusing on satellites both natural and man made.
Moonhack will run from October 10th to 23rd, running alongside World Space Week which celebrates the launch of Sputnik, the first satellite in space.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org